Veterans Housing Scotland is entitled to apply to the First Tier Tribunal to terminate a tenancy by giving two months' notice in writing to the tenant. This written notice is called a notice to quit.
The tenant is entitled to terminate their tenancy by giving one months' notice in writing to Veterans Housing Scotland.
At the termination of their tenancy, the tenant shall make arrangements for all mail to be redirected to their new or forwarding address. Veterans Housing Scotland cannot guarantee the forwarding of mail that arrives for the tenant after their tenancy termination.
A moving out inventory and inspection report will be carried out by the property manager on the termination of a tenancy. Tenants are liable for any damage to the property outwith reasonable wear and tear and will be responsible for returning the property to the required standards. In the event of a tenant's death, we will communicate with their next of kin to remove any personal belongings.
On termination, the tenant is required to:
- Ensure that all monies due to the charity for rent are up to date.
- Provide access to the property so that a pre move out inspection can be undertaken to ascertain any damages.
- Clean or pay for cleaning the property and its fixtures that have become soiled, stained, or marked during the tenancy and provide, upon request, receipts to demonstrate such compliance with this clause.
- Remove all refuse and rubbish from the property, including the loft space, and properly dispose of it in receptacles provided by the Local authority, or arrange for a special collection to uplift excessive or heavy waste for disposal.
- Return all sets of keys (including additional sets copied by the tenant) on the last day of this Agreement.
- Remove all personal belongings, including foodstuff, on or before the tenancy's last day.
- Ensure that all the fixtures and fittings are returned to their original place under the Inventory.
- Arrange for final readings and payment of final bills for services used by way of electricity, gas, council tax and telephone. The tenant will forward copies of these final bills to the property manager within fourteen days after this Agreement's termination.
- Provide Veterans Housing Scotland with a forwarding postal and email address for administration and communication.
Any items left behind at the end of the tenancy will be considered abandoned, and the property manager will be entitled to dispose of the items. The tenant must pay all proper removal and disposal costs incurred by Veterans Housing Scotland when belongings are left in the property.
Where such items are of a bulky nature which may inhibit the immediate re-let or comfortable occupation of the property or part thereof, Veterans Housing Scotland reserves the right to charge the tenant compensation or damages at a rate equivalent to the rent, calculated daily, until the items are removed either by the tenant or by Veterans Housing Scotland.