Veterans Housing Scotland is entitled to terminate a tenancy by giving two months’ notice in writing to the tenant. This written notice is called a notice to quit.
The tenant is entitled to terminate their tenancy by giving one months’ notice in writing to Veterans Housing Scotland.
The tenant shall at the termination of their tenancy make arrangements for all mail to be redirected to their new or forwarding address. Veterans Housing Scotland cannot guarantee the forwarding of mail which arrives for the tenant after the termination of their tenancy.
On termination, a moving out inventory and inspection report will be carried out by the landlord or agents. Tenants are liable for any damage to the property outwith reasonable wear and tear, and will be liable for returning the property to the required standards. In the event of a tenant's death, we will communicate with their next of kin to remove any personal belongings.
On termination, the tenant is required to:
- Clean or pay for the cleaning of the property and its fixtures that have become soiled, stained, or marked during the tenancy and provide, upon request, receipts to demonstrate such compliance with this clause.
- Remove all refuse and rubbish from property and properly dispose of it in receptacles outside the property provided by the Local Council for the purpose of waste collection or arrange with the local council for a special collection to uplift excessive or heavy rubbish for disposal.
- Return all sets of keys (including additional sets copied by the tenant) on the last day of this Agreement.
- Remove all personal belongings of the tenant including foodstuff on or before the last day of the tenancy.
- Ensure that all the fixtures, effects and furniture are returned to their original place in accordance with the Inventory.
- Arrange for final readings and payment of final bills for services used by way of electricity, gas, and telephone. The tenant will forward copies of these final bills to the Landlord’s Agent within fourteen days after the termination of this Agreement.
- Provide Veterans Housing Scotland with a forwarding postal and / or email address for ease of administration and communication between both parties.
Any items left behind at the end of the tenancy will be considered abandoned and Veterans Housing Scotland will be entitled to dispose of the same. The tenant is required to pay all reasonable removal and / or disposal costs incurred by Veterans Housing Scotland when belongings are left in the Property. Where such items are of a bulky nature which may inhibit the immediate re-let or comfortable occupation of the property, or part thereof, Veterans Housing Scotland reserves the right to charge the tenant compensation or damages at a rate equivalent to the rent, calculated on a daily basis, until the items are removed either by the tenant or by Veterans Housing Scotland.