To ensure your planned work will be accepted, please read over the following guidance note before continuing with your request:

Alarm Systems

  1. A qualified electrician must carry any electrical work and to Part P of the Building Regulations. An electrical certificate must also be provided. If a certificate is not provided, VHS will arrange for a qualified electrical engineer to inspect the work and provide a test certificate for which the tenant will be charged.

  2. The tenant is responsible for any redecorating required due to damage caused by an alarm installation.

  3. The tenant is responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the system.

  4. At the end of the tenancy, the alarm system will be inspected and tested. The tenant may be asked to remove the system if found to be not working correctly.

Agree & Continue


I feel part of a wider family with the communication and support from Veterans Housing Scotland, and really appreciate them keeping in touch and offering advice and updates as necessary.

Daniel Stott – Veteran, 3 Rifles