Veterans Housing Scotland's work is based on a range of core values that drive all that we do and support our mission to provide quality, affordable homes for veterans in Scotland who are disabled.
We regard our tenants, trustees, staff, support volunteers and partners of Veterans Housing Scotland as our family.
Our values instill a sense of purpose and allow our organisation to operate effectively and efficiently, recognising the collective team's power and the importance of respect, positive engagement, appreciation for others, and professional and polite communication in all that we do. Our values are:
- Dignity and Respect – We will treat our tenants, volunteers, colleagues and partners with respect and dignity and recognise their individual needs. In return, we ask that you respect the Charity, your neighbours, our properties, and our volunteers and staff.
- Integrity – We will always strive to do the right thing and be honest, transparent, and truthful in our interactions with our tenants, volunteers, colleagues and partners. In return, we expect you to engage positively.
- Compassion – We will demonstrate understanding to all Veterans Housing Scotland family members through support, kindness, and care. In return, we ask that you appreciate the needs of your neighbours.
- Service – We will provide professional quality services and focus on tenant needs. We will be flexible, innovative, and reliable while maximising service delivery, improving wellbeing support and exploring opportunities to enhance our services to you. In return, we ask that you respect your home and pay your rent on time.
These values are mirrored by a set of behaviours that we promote:
- Effective communication
- Embracing and enabling change
- Learning and reflection