The work of Veterans Housing Scotland is based on a range of core values that drive all that we do and support our mission to provide quality affordable homes for disabled Veterans and their families in Scotland.
When followed, our values instil a sense of purpose and allow our organisation to operate effectively and efficiently, recognising the power of the collective team and the importance of respect, positive engagement, appreciation for others and professional and polite communication in all that we do. Our values are:
- Dignity and Respect – We will treat our Tenants, Volunteers, Colleagues and Partners with respect and dignity and in accordance with their individual needs and in return we ask that all members of the Veterans Housing Scotland family respect the charity, their neighbours, our properties and our volunteers and staff.
- Integrity – We will always strive to do the right thing and be honest, transparent and truthful in our interactions with our Tenants, Volunteers, Colleagues and Partners and in return we expect you to engage positively.
- Compassion – We will demonstrate compassion to all members of the Veterans Housing Scotland family through support, kindness and care and in return we ask that you appreciate the needs of your neighbours.
- Service – We will provide professional quality services and focus on Tenant needs; be flexible, innovative and reliable while maximising service delivery and opportunities and in return we ask that you respect your home and pay your rent on time.
These values are mirrored by a set of behaviours which we promote:
- Working together
- Effective and clear communication
- Embracing and enabling change
- Learning and reflection