Building lives: Building communities
Veterans Housing Scotland has over 100 years’ experience in providing homes for disabled Veterans.
We are extremely proud of our history and of the service we have provided to those who have served their country yet we are equally excited about our future and how we as a charity will continue to work with and support members of the Veterans Housing Scotland family. Our vision is to offer the Veterans Housing Scotland family much more than just a home but also, through coordination and cooperation with specialist partners, ensure that those of our veterans and their families who are in need of support get that support when and where required – as demonstrated in our new strapline ‘building lives; building communities’.
We will do this through the provision of houses for disabled veterans whose military careers may have been cut short through injury.
- Support them through the application process and beyond
- Work with them and their families as they build for a future away from service life
- Support their independence, however, be in a position to support their aspirations in building on a firm foundation and moving forward positively
We will do this through encouraging and supporting our tenants in living alongside their neighbours / fellow Veterans.
- Encourage the sharing of acts of kindness
- Encourage the offering of the hand of friendship in supporting one another
- Recognise and respect the diversity of our communities and support them in flourishing
We are grateful to the support and contribution of those who have given so much in helping Veterans Housing Scotland achieve what we have to date and as we move forward we say ‘Thank you’ to those Local Authorities who have worked with us in introducing the nomination rights scheme, whilst acknowledging more work is required to achieve Scotland – wide coverage of this unique method of providing veterans in need with homes in a place of their choice that meets their requirements.